Sunday, December 30, 2007

Caught up with Monk

Well, four days later and I've finally watched the latest episode of Monk. Watching shows back-to-back is a good and a bad thing.

The bad is Adrian himself. He's so self-absorbed that it gets tiresome hour after hour. I ended up just wanting to smack him. It stopped being cute and lovable, I guess.

The good is all of the inside jokes. In the season 6 Christmas episode, the truck that's blocking the intersection is marked "BBQ" the quarry Monk and Kroger's son got buried in. Randy Disher is wearing the sweater his aunt sent him, the red one that she said she made, but one of the other cops knew came from the local big-box store. And the best part is they weren't mentioned, they were just there, as little Easter eggs to constant viewers.

What happens with my iTunes Store subscriptions to Monk and Psych are still unknown. They said they'd get back to me, but they haven't so far. I may have to resort to waiting to rent them from NetFlix again when the DVDs come out. Not a smart move, NBC/Universal. Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments: